Ways You Can Improve Sauna Detox
It is a well-known fact that one of the great health benefits of regular sauna use is detoxification—the removal of toxins through sweat. However, there are a number of common-sense ways you can improve sauna detox—to maximize the benefits of sauna use. Here is a list of some ways you can make the most of this unique health benefit.
- Drink plenty of water before using the sauna. The foundational principle behind sauna detox is to perspire—that is, to sweat! Perspiration is one of the body’s natural ways to eliminate unwanted toxins. Simply put, in order to sweat, you need to hydrate. Drink plenty of water before entering the sauna, and be sure to drink more water after you exit, in order to avoid dehydration. Also, avoid consuming alcohol before or during your sauna session, as alcohol is a diuretic and will cause you to be less hydrated. (Not to mention that dehydrating in the sauna with alcohol in your system can be dangerous.)
- Take a shower after using the sauna. The idea behind this is also simple: you want to wash off the toxins your body just eliminated so that they are not reabsorbed. Take a refreshing warm or cool shower to wash those toxins away. There is no need to use soap for this shower, as soap will only clog your open pores.
- Consider using an infrared sauna. Newer infrared technology now enhances the health benefits of sauna detox because infrared rays warm the skin more directly and deeply than simple air heating alone. This allows toxins to be dislodged from the tissues at a deeper level, so more toxins can be eliminated. Infrared saunas can be purchased from Sauna Zen.
- Supplement with a detox cream. Himalayan Secret, for example, is a proprietary blend of safe botanicals that helps dislodge toxins while you sleep. Combined with regular sauna use, this cream can help cleanse your body of even more toxins.
- Use the sauna regularly. Newbies should start at 1-2 times a week, but you can eventually work up to daily use. Regular use helps keep toxins from building up again in your body once you have removed them—not to mention the additional health benefits like cardio health, skin health and even respiratory health.
Detoxification is one of the best health benefits a sauna can provide. By taking additional steps like hydrating, showering, using creams and using an infrared sauna, you can make the most of sauna detox, and consequently live a happier, healthier life.
Sauna Detox TipsPrevious post
Which Two Person Sauna Should You Install?Next post